Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Young Romance #167

Young Romance #167
 (On Sale: June 16, 1970) has a pretty bland 
cover by Bill Draut and Vinny Colletta.

We begin with "A Million Laughs in Every Kiss" by Jack Miller and Tony DeZuñiga. This is actually Tony's work, it is his first published work at DC, or any American comic book company (Wikipedia says his first DC work was in Girl's Love Stories #153, out later this month). Since I did not collect romance comics, this one passed me right by and I did not hear of Tony till a story appeared in next month's House of Mystery. Given the unknown nature of this credit, I will save discussing Tony for another time. 

Next we have "I Can Dream, Can't I?" by Jack Miller, Werner Roth and Vinny Colletta.

We end with "The Stolen Face of Love! Part One" by Robert Kanigher, Winslow Mortimer and Vince Colletta. Given the title, we assume it continues next issue.

Edited by Joe Orlando.

No comments: